- Come to rehearsal on time. We will rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to [updated 1/15!] 4:45 p.m.
- Come to every rehearsal. Theater is a team effort. If you are missing, you make it harder for everyone else to learn their lines and movements. Miss more than one rehearsal, and you may lose your spot on the team.
- Bring your script and a pencil. I will give you lots of directions and notes to help you learn and perform well. Be ready to write those directions and notes in your script!
- Be serious. Theater is fun, but only when everybody is working hard, paying attention, and focusing on putting on a great show.
- Listen to me. We learn by listening. Listen to the direction I give you. Listen to the direction I give to your teammates.
- Talk to me. I want you to have a great show. If you're not sure what a line in the script means or where you should move or why I want you to do something, ask me. I will help you... but often I won't know that you need help until you talk to me.
- Shut off your phone. Every time we rehearse, for those 75 minutes, you are completely at rehearsal. For those 75 minutes, nothing matters more than what happens on our stage. We shut off the outside world and live in this moment. There is no text or call that you have to take or make that can't wait until 4:46 p.m.
Mr. Heidelberger expects all Spearfish Middle School Drama Club participants to follow these rules: